THE DARK SIDE OF CELEBRATING
Diwali is the perfect time of year to indulge. As friends and family rejoice together and sweets and snacks are lavishly distributed, it can also mean that high calorie temptation is always close at hand. This is tough on people who are fighting to keep their weight down.
Take these simple steps, to recoup your health and to embrace fitness and
health as a part of your lifestyle once more.
1. Cut back on sugar: Post Diwali, ensure that you don't even add a single
spoon of sugar in any food. Fruits are high in antioxidants. Eat the right
type of fruit ( apple, guava) . This will keep you energetic. It will also
help the body detox.
2. Eat light regular meals: This will ensure that you never over-indulge.
Include fresh vegetables for carbohydrates and have adequate protein in
3. Stay away from bottled beverages: They contain sugar and
preservatives. Drink plain water instead, especially right after Diwali,
when your body is already saturated with sugar.
4. Drink lukewarm water: It will help flush out toxins more effectively
than very hot or cold water.Drinking plenty of water at this mild
temperature throughout the day will help rev your metabolism.
5. Exercise, Exercise, Exercise: Get back to the gym and workout
regularly . There is no substitute for exercise in keeping those inches
and pounds away
31 Oct, 2018
Health, Nutrition tips, Weight loss, Women, Workout