Here’s how you make Fresh Salad Rolls with a Creamy Peanut Hoisin Sauce
▸Vegan, gluten-free, soy-free
Yield: 5 rolls
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
INGREDIENTS: salad rolls
1 package (25 g) rice noodles, softened in boiling water
1/2 cup frozen edamame beans, thawed in boiling water
5 sheets rice paper rolls
2 bell peppers, de-seeded and cut into thin strips
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into thin slices
1 cup shredded or thinly sliced red cabbage (about 1/4 head of cabbage)
1 avocado, cut into strips
1/2 cucumber, de-seeded, cut into thin slices
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 lime, juiced
- Add the rice noodles and edamame beans into respective bowls and pour on top some boiling water. Set aside to soften.
- In a large shallow dish, soak 1 sheet of rice paper in warm water for about 10 seconds, or until slightly softened. Note: the rice paper will continue to soften even after removed from the water. Do not over-soak, otherwise the rice paper will likely break when rolled.
- Remove the paper from the water and let the excess water drip off it. Transfer the sheet to a large plate, top it with the drained rice noodles, edamame, avocado and all the veggies you prefer.
- Wrap the salad roll like you would a burrito, then cut in half, using a sharp knife. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, combine the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, and lime juice in a small bowl and whisk. Then add a small splashes of water, about a tsp (5 mL) at a time and continue until you achieve your desired consistency. Serve with the salad rolls, dip, and enjoy!
- Variations: add crispy tofu, sautéed mushrooms, mango, or fresh greens.
- Storage: store in an air-tight container, lined with a damp paper towel or cloth in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- WATCH IT HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jyxdYucQCg&feature=youtu.be