Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
This is a sugar free bar. Use Truvia and these turn out every bit as delish as the original sugary variety. You can also use Splenda but need to DOUBLE the measurements as ½ cup Truvia is equal to 1 cup Splenda.
Ingredients-For the Crust
1 cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup Truvia Blend natural sugar replacer (not the packets)
4 tablespoons butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
Ingredients-For the Filling
3 large egg yolks plus 3 large eggs
½ cup Truvia Blend natural sugar replacer
Zest of 2 lemons
⅔ cup lemon juice, about 3 or 4 lemons
2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pulse the flour, Truvia, and butter in a food processor until the mixture resembles coarse meal, 20 to 30 seconds. Transfer crumb to prepared pan.
- Press firmly with flat bottom of measuring cup into an even layer over pan bottom.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, beat eggs with the Truvia in a medium saucepan.
Add the lemon zest and lemon juice, whisk 10 seconds.
- Add butter and cook over medium heat stirring with a wooden spoon until the curd thickens to a sauce like consistency, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Pour onto hot crust and continue baking until the filling is shiny and the center seems firm but still has a slight jiggle, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool completely and cut 6 bars long by 4 bars wide for 24 pieces.
- Color varies depending on the color of your egg yolks.
- Dust with a little confectioner’s sugar or leave plain – depending on who will be eating them.