Who needs personal trainer and who doesn’t
How to choose a personal trainer
Before opting for a personal trainer, ask yourself the following questions
- Are you motivated to workout regularly?
- Can you workout by yourself, without the company of others at the gym
- Do you normally browse through magazines and the internet for articles on Fitness
- Do you have the will power to upgrade your training routine when workouts start feeling easy
If the answer to all of the above is YES, you do not need a personal trainer. You are already committed enough to do what it takes to maintain optimal fitness and weight. All you need is a good clean gym to workout in
On the other hand, if the answer is a NO, hiring a personal trainer will help you in achieving your goals. Choose your personal trainer wisely, else it is a waste of money.
Check the foll-
- Is your trainer fit ?
- Does he/she have adequate fitness knowledge ?
- Can your trainer customize your workouts as per your goals?
- Can he/ she change your workouts constantly as per your fitness level ?
- Is your trainer happy at his/her job ? The last thing you need is a trainer who has complaints against the gym management
- Does he/she have a track record of taking leave from work ?
Be wary of trainers who push supplements on you. Unless you are a body builder, you do not need supplements. You get sufficient nutrition through a healthy diet. Trainers are not nutritionists. The ones who push supplements get their commissions from the nutrition supplement companies. They do not have your interest at heart.
27 Aug, 2015