This easy Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe is rich, decadent, and full of fresh broccoli florets. It’s an absolute classic and perfect for cold weather!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Calories 307 kcal
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup minced onion 1/2 small
1/2 cup chopped celery 2 ribs
4 cups chopped broccoli 8 ounces
1/3 cup flour
4 cups chicken broth divided
1/2 cup heavy cream hot
salt and ground white pepper
croutons for garnish optional
1. In a 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat until foaming. Add onion, celery, and broccoli. Sauté until softened, about 10 minutes.
2. Stir in flour and cook until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Whisk in 2 1/2 cups broth and bring to simmer.
3. Simmer until veggies are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes longer. Transfer to blender and puree until smooth.
4. Wipe out saucepan. Return pureed soup to pan. Add remaining 1 1/2 cups chicken broth and cream. Bring to simmer and stir until heated through.
5. Season to taste with salt and white pepper. Garnish with croutons if desired.
31 Aug, 2017