Easy Dessert Recipe for Diabetics
STOVETOP CINNAMON APPLES
DAIRY, SUGAR AND GLUTEN FREE DESSERT FOR DIABETICS
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 3 cups of apples
3 apples (about 3 cups), chopped*
2 TBS water
1 TBS coconut oil**
1 TBS stevia***
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Cut apples into same-sized pieces (about ½-1” cubes).
2. Put apples pieces into a skillet with 2 TBS water. Cover the pan and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the apples become slightly soft and water is absorbed.
3. Add 1 TBS of coconut oil to the skillet. Stir apples and oil together until all the apples are coated. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so, until the apples become soft (you may need to cover them for the last 2 minutes).
4. Add Maple syrup, cinnamon, salt and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
5. Cook for about 5 more minutes, stirring every minute until the apples reach your desired softness!
6. Remove from heat and serve!
*You can choose whether or not you peel your apples!
**Butter can be substituted for coconut oil.
***Any sweetener you’d like can be used. Honey and Jaggery also give excellent results.
21 Nov, 2016